Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's fun being creative!

Grabbing an idea when it’s tossed
Running like mad till I reach the goal
The feeling is great as I score
One more hit, one more time

It’s fun making up stories
And rhyming when you’re bored
It’s great being creative
The sheer joy that’s so addictive

Playing around with colors
Splashing some paint around
Coaxing a tune out of a piano
Till my ears yell STOP!

Keying it all in font size twelve
And biting my nails waiting for comments
Doesn’t matter if none sees it
It’s fun being creative

Making sand castles on the beach
Watching the tide wash it away
Scooping up the wet sand again
Building where the castle once lay

The ones who watch say I am mad
Not listening to their words of wisdom
Making my mistakes and enjoying them
While I should have sat down and cried

It’s a crazy thought alright
The sea’s there, the sands too
The tide will rise and wane
But on the shore, I’ll keep playing

It’s fun being creative.



By MVJ Simon/ Bitter-sweet

No comments: