Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nagala – a tribute.




Walking up that treacherous trail
Along that dry river bed
Rocks and pebbles crunched by boots
As I swing my arms in a rhythmic sway

Thorny bushes in clumps
Dwarfed by the hills around
A full moon in broad daylight
A cool sun that surprised me

Into the bower of jungle trees
A welcome shade beckons
I amble along at my own gentle pace
Along that dry river bed

Across the bend a stream appears
Crystal clear waters bubbling away
Sparkling in the sunshine
So clean and pure

As I tread gingerly through
Slippery pebbles slip… and slide away
And I stretch my arms apart
As I take the next careful step

Along the way I reach a refreshing green pool
And a nymph walking along dived smoothly in
In a flash, she clambered up the rocks across
A faint hint of a smile flitting on her lips

Into those waters I plunge quickly in
And emerge shivering in the icy cold
Warm rays of sunshine engulf me
As I float on the water without a care

Lost in the lap of nature
Time loses its grip on man
Isn’t this the way we were meant to be?
Wild and free, just the way she is


 M V J Simon 2011


No comments: